Anyways, so as I was shopping for my dear friend Kim's birthday gift (I bought her NARS Deep Throat Blush and a VS duffle bag), I managed to snag something for myself. Just a little thing! I wanted to try Fresh's Soy Face Cleanser. I wasn't ready to fork out $38 bucks on a full size, so travel size will do for me.
"Soy Face Cleanser, Fresh's most popular cleanser for all skin types, is an extra gentle, fragrance-free, multi-tasking gel formula that instantly whisks away every day impurities, removes makeup, and is safe to use on the eye area. Safe for use on the eyes, it's face maintenance made easy. Plus, it's soap free and will never leave behind a film or residue." - from Sephora.com
• Soap-free. This is plus for me because soap usually leaves a film-like feeling on the face. Plus, soap-free products are good for sensitive skin!
• Smell. Smells like fresh cut cucumber! I like it. The more natural smelling it is, the less I feel like I'm putting a bunch of irritants on my face.
• Toner. It acts like a toner too! So, I'm able to skip the toner step. WEE!
• Smooth. After rinsing, my face feels clean and smooth! Not tight, like other removers I've used.
• Skip a step. I feel like I've tried every combination of skincare/makeup remover that I've had. For awhile I used Clinique Cleansing Balm, then followed with Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk. When I finished the Balm, I started using Mandom Cleansing Moist, then followed with Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk. Then, I decided to stop Mandom for awhile, and try Clinique Cleansing Milk (This is horrible stuff! I used it twice and now I'm going to return it and get a full size Fresh) then Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk. OH GAH! And this was all over a few months span. I was tired of using a full face makeup remover, then following up with a cleanser. I wanted an all in one! So, I use Fresh to cleanse the face and remove the makeup. Now, I'm using Mandom on just the eyes only, then Fresh all over. So far I'm loving it!
• Travel-Friendly. It's in a tube! Woo! I always get nervous when I have pump cleanser, cause they just might spill everywhere. Plus it's hygienic.
• Price. GAH! $38 for a facial cleanser. I guess it isn't too bad, because I used to buy a full on makeup remover, then a facial cleanser. STILL!
• Foaming. It says its a foamy cleanser, but it's more milky then foamy.
As for any latest hauls, hmm, not so much! I definitely took advantage of the cosmetic settlement and was able to score a bunch of Clinique Moisture Surges (I love this stuff! I had used it before, but I think it's a good summertime moisturizer than winter, but you can use it as a mask!) and one night serum thingy. No perfume, BUMMER! I really wanted the Coco Chanel Mademoiselle lotion to match my perfume, but they didn't have any! GAH! Oh yeah! I did get the Strawberry Scrub by Mario Badescu. It's only $15 bucks and it's a huge tub. I loved the sample so much, I had to get a full size. Plus, it's good to exfoliate the face two times a week. It's pink and you can actually see the strawberry seeds (hard to see cause of the webcam)
I'm halfway through "Confessions of a Shopaholic" so far soo good! I should be done by next week? Maybe. I get soo busy sometimes, I don't have time to read. BLEGH!
Hmm, what else? Oh yeah, I'm getting off work early tomorrow! WOOO! A half day for me because it's my two year anniv. at work! Haha, I'm a geek for being excited. So hmmm, what am I doing to do? Whatever the crap I want to do! I'm just going to have some "ME" time! Yes, that means going to Sephora to return that bloody Clinique Cleansing Milk because it sucks so much and a trip to MAC. I only have one thing in mind to get! And that's the 226 brush! It looks lovely....Anyone tried it?
You know what I'm bummed about? I got a Bamboo tablet as a Christmas gift, and I haven't had the time to sit down and watch the tutorials! I installed all the software on my MAC. I need to get on it... *SIGH*
AND! Another snowboarding trip on the 31st! WOOOO!
Okay, that's all.. Have a lovely day!