Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Is it Friday Yet?

Is it bad that I'm already looking forward to the weekend and it's only Tuesday?!?!?! MY GAH! Work has been hectic!
So anyways, this past weekend, I grabbed two things from Sephora while I picked up Patricia's birthday gift. I wasn't planning on getting anything, but whoever did the store layout for Sephora, whether it was marketing or merchandising, is one smart cookie. I always get tempted to grab something from those boxes when I wait in line! You know how when you wait in a line, there's all those boxes with travel size items and what not. I didn't find Urban Decay's Sin in the UD section, but while I was waiting in line, I saw one left in the bin! I grabbed it of course, along with Smith's Rosebud Minted Rose Lip Balm. I love this stuff! It sucks that it's in a tin for all those unhygienic reasons, but it really does moisturize my lips! For 6 bucks too, it's not bad at all and the tin is hugeee! But I really needed something like this for the cold season.



I finished reading The Confessions of a Shopaholic earlier in the week. It was pretty okay, I wouldn't rave about it though. But it was a fun easy read! I'd like to see how the movie and book compare. I'm probably going to pick up "My Sister's Keeper" next because Trish said it was really good and I believe a tearjerker too! The husby has been working crazy hours, so I need a hobby besides buying crap! I'm actually debating about reading Twilight. My friend Mar raves about it, so does, Janelle, Trish, and a bunch of others! Is it really that interesting? I dunno if I'm that interested in vampires in love... HAHA! Hmmm...GAH! And! I really need to start playing with that Bamboo tablet, I heard there are tutorials on YouTube too!


Soooo! I've come to a sad realization. I have wayyyy toooo many products. I'm running out of space! So I've decided, no product buying for the next two weeks! Then after the MAC event that my friend, Kim is doing, I'm going to put a hault on product hauling. It's time to save some money! Me and husby have been stirring up some BIG plans (think white sandy beaches, grass skirts, hibiscus flowers, leis, macademia nuts, get the hint?) for our one year wedding anniversary (in August!), so it's time to start saving!


OooKay, we'll I'm not feeling too hott. Miss Monthly Martha is trailing me for a visit... TMI? HAHAHA! I don't care! I need Peanut Butter M&Ms... quick!


Have a lovely day!

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

My Sister's Keeper was a great book. I couldn't put it down!! You just want to know what happens. AHH. You basically need to read it now.

I'm a chapstick addict, I might have to check out your Smith's Rosebud. I wish they had the tube though. I hate dipping my fingers ..lol. I feel ..dirty!!! it's like double dipping. I don't even know what I'm trying to say..but!

I want to read Twilight too..
It was so smart of you to read the shopaholic book before seeing the movie. I can't wait to see that movie, and he's just not that into you!

By the way, I sent something your way =P

<3 you Jen!

Save that money for HAWAII now!

-Steph

Janelle said...

Yay for Smith's Minted Rose lip balm! That puppy will last you a long time. It's one of my fave lip balms. :)

I want to read that book! But I have a huge pile to get through first.

And oOoh HAWAII! My family & I are planning on going there this summer after my sister graduates. Wee I'm excited too!

shexilicious said...

LOOOOOOVE Smith's Minted Rose Salve <3

Anonymous said...

hehe jen, your so funny ^.^ ive been wanting to buy the new UD sin primer potion. ummm hmm... request, can you do a review on it? maybe? that'd be great ^.^

im thinking.... HAWAII???? eeee that is my dream place to go. i heard its beautiful. hopefully im right. if not im just rambling lol. oh and twilight, it's entertaining hehe.

xoxo

Mona said...

SIN and rosebud salve! <3 LOVE

Iyah Love said...

I love the Shopaholic book! I also wanna see the movie! :D

Ohh how lucky! You guys are going to hawaii! I feel so jealous! hahah! I wanna go there someday :D

I just hauled lots of HK stuff and I don't have anywhere to put them also. I might get another container which sucks coz I don't have anymore space for my make up table.

Must stop haulin! :(

Anonymous said...

1. I know what you mean by smart marketing techniques, places products in bins while you're waiting to pay for your items. Always gets me...

2. Please read Twilight. I read the first 3 chapters of Shopaholic and couldn't finish. It might be because I'm not use to the British talk...I'll try to finish this week though. Twilight ROCKS!

3. I finally used my Mario Badescu products and I AM IN LOVE. That strawberry scrub is heaven! I told Christian my face felt like a baby's bottom. HAHAHAHAH. I got my mom into it too and she's ordering products! My dad told her, "what ever you're doing with your face...it looks great!" Thanks for tip, Jen!

4. I can't wait for the weekend either. Are you off Monday?

00 said...

i been wanting that UDPP but i cant seem to find it anywhere errr well probably where i live u gotta be on top of things cause they get sold out hella quick !

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!

Reducing my spending on beauty products is always so hard for me! =/

Cheers!
Jess

Patricia said...

twilight...gah! haha! i was skeptical too but i am hooked. it's addicting! lol. but i'll see you tomorrow for dinner. yayee! bye love!