Thursday, February 19, 2009

So Long to my Long HURRR!



I done did it! I'm been waiting to do this, so here we go, I chopped off 9 inches. It was supposed to be 8, but we had to do another inch above the elastic band. I've been wanting to do this. I wanted to do something selfless, so I donated my hair! I'll be mailing it to Pantene tomorrow. They work in cooperation with the American Cancer Society to make wigs for women with cancer.

I never had my hair this long. The main reason for growing it all out was for the wedding, umm yeah, the wedding was 6 months ago. So it was time to separate from it. Plus, I started to feel like my big hair was too overwhelming for my body. BTW, my hair isn't uneven, my head is just tilted in the photo.. LOL!)

It felt good when she chopped off the pony tail, shocking, but still good. I trusted Kim (hairstylist @ Bubbles), so I knew she would work wonders! And she did, my girl delivered! WEE!


Just me, cheesing hard! I'm proud of myself!

I'm debating if I should add subtle caramel highlights... Hmm.. Yay or nay?

After that, I decided to snoop around Sephora. I couldn't help it! Ever since I saw Tricia's blog on Fresh's High Noon (FreshFace Glow)... I've been eyeing it! I tried their lip gloss and I loveddd it too! It wasn't sticky! The coconut stuff is a deluxe sample... mMmM! Oh yeah, and I also requested a sample of Twilight Fresh Glow. OoOOH! Sorry for the "mirror" image pic, I took it from my webcam, I'm so lazy to upload photos with the SD card. OoOH! And the lady at Sephora complimented the hair, which made me feel better!

So long ... long haiiirr!! Although you were lovely, you frustrated me! You gave me an arm workout when it came to blow drying. Lastly, you were becoming overwhelming for my body. Bye bye long hair, may you make a lovely wig!

19 comments:

izumi said...

isn't it fun w/ short hair?? i was really shocked after i chopped mine off to a bob (at least you have some length left).. so freeing :)

Anonymous said...

Your hair is soooo cute! Thats how I wanted mine...but I'll guess I'll pick another wowowee girl to copy. Glad you love your hair!

Sofia said...

ur new haircut looks lovely :D

smilecusiluvu said...

Hey you look cute and fresh with short hair its a good spring summer cut =)

Stephanie said...

You're too sweet! What a great thing you did by donating your hair. My hair takes a million years to grow an inch! I'd feel bad for whoever get my hair because of all the split ends!

vietxpinay. said...

aw, girl, you're precious (= that's so sweet of you to donate it!! *applause!* &i think your hair looks fab ;] i like ittt! (&btw i never went to georgetown! no cupcakes until next time =/ poop! haha)

A. Rose said...

It looks great!! You'll definitely feel the difference the next time you wash your hair...it's almost gonna feel like you're missing a body part. That's how it is for me any way! :P

My mom's trying to talk me into cutting my hair this weekend... =/

Patricia said...

Jen! I'm so proud of you! Isn't it liberating? You look so fresh!

Mona said...

oh i love the new do! it looks so clean and ready for spring!

Vivi said...

loving the haircut! hehe don't you feel like you come out of the shower in half the time you used to because it didn't take a lifetime to wet, lather, and rinse all that hair? ;D

Iyah Love said...

awww you look so pretty and so brave!! I'm so proud of you!!!I think I want a haircut too but too scared to even chop my hair off that short :( I had short hair before and I don't look nice with it. :( I look like a stick figure with a wig :/

Anyway, please do a review on the products you hauled :D

Iyah Love said...

tag! You're it! :)

The Melting Muggle said...

you are still as beautiful as ever. I would love to be able to do something like that, but I'm still working on growing my hair out. I've been gone for a while but now I'm back! I MISSED YOU!! [:

asdf said...

omgsh! that's gutsy cutting your hair off! tahah.

KillaCamilla said...

omg i cut that same amount of hair off after i had the baby! its sooooo freeing isn't it? lol! its so much more low maintenence and the length you have is so versatile. I cut mine into an A-line bob so i can't do much. I should've done it your length so i could actually do things with it! lol. but I'm diggin it..very cute.

Janelle said...

Jen, I love your hair! First of all, it looks so cute on you. Second, it's amazing that you're donating it to a good cause! I want to see more pics! Haha.

I'm thinking of going to Bubbles this weekend. I'm in dire need of a trim!

Nu Nu Dollie said...

Omg looks like your hair was sooo long! Short hair suits you though, very pretty. :)

Genabee6 said...

Just subbed to your blog, and that's wonderful that you gave your hair away. I'm currently growing my hair out for the 3rd time to give to Locks of Love. It feels so great to give something back doesn't it?

♔Jaimie said...

Your hair is so cute, i love it!!

xoxo
jaimie
don't forget to check out my Lady Gaga Look Contest!