Thursday, March 5, 2009

Putting a HOLD!


Ookay, so one of my readers is my dear friend, Kerry. She's a good friend of mine that I used to work with until she moved to Hawaii (which by the way, I'm jealous!). Haha! Anyways, she's the one that told me that it was okay to spend money on skincare cause that's very important. Yes, Kerry, if you're reading, that stuck to me! Sooo, after chatting with her yesterday, she proposed a challenge! What's the challenge?

NO SPENDING MONEY ON PRODUCTS FOR ONE WHOLE MONTH! (effective 03.07.09)
I better get all the crap I need before then! LOL!

I can do it! I know I can! My other problem is that I told my friend Kim (MAC MUA) that I would attend her next event! Eeks, which is March 21st. Sooo, I need to make for it. The minimum spend at the event is $50, so I can stick to the minimum. Then as a consequence, I should extend the challenge for a week longer. I have to review this proposal with Kerry! LOL!
As the economy is spiraling down, it's important to save money. Although I've been saving, I could always save more. You never know what's going to happen.

Instead of buying products, I'll have to channel my hobby to something else. Perhaps, reading? I still have to finish "My Sister's Keeper" and I even joined the Twilight bandwagon and bought the hardback. I found it for only $11 bucks! I haven't cracked it open yet, but we'll see what all the hype is about.

This challenge is going to be tough! I know it is! What if I start twitching? LOL!

Dear Kerry, I accept your challenge dear. With the exemption of March 21st, I will not buy any products until April 14th! (I extended it!).

So what's the prize if I accomplish the challenge? I have no idea yet, me and Kerry haven't discussed this! LOL!

Anyone ready to do this with me? I have one taker so far, Janelle! Yay! We can do it!

17 comments:

Janelle said...

I'm SOOO in! No beauty products until April 14 (not counting March 21st teehee). We can doooo it!

A. Rose said...

I kinda did something like this last year...I gave up online shopping for Lent. It was definitely a challenge. Good luck!

smilecusiluvu said...

I bet with my bf that no buying product for two weeks and so far its not going soo good cause of sephora's 15% haha Its so hard but good luck!

Girl with Curl said...

Good luck. I think what always tempts me to buy stuff is seeing it on people's blogs and how it looks on them or seeing it on some of the makeup forums.

As for finding a new hobby, there's always running!!

Anonymous said...

I'm in too! but i think with the package you sent to me..i probably won't need to buy anything anyway! i'm so excited to get it. you can do this sucka!

♥ Ms. Kendall ♥ said...

I want to commit too! Except my B-Day is April 5th so maybe that week I can get myself a teeny-tiny present......
I'm going to post an entry so I'll "commit" to the challenge.
XoXo

GurlOnA"Diet" said...

i gave up starbucks for lent and makeup (but exchanging doesn't count...right? i bought some products but i'm exchanging them nxt wk b/c i'm allergic lol)

so i'm there w/ u (cept the exchanging part! lol)

♥ Ms. Kendall ♥ said...

I'm back to committ for REAL. I linked on you my blog, hope that's ok :)
XoXo
P.S I think I need a sponsor like AA or something. If you use twitter follow me twitter.com/kgreenel or KPrincez05 on AIM for "support".....

Iyah Love said...

OmgOSH I tried this and I only lasted for 2 weeks because of the Hello Kitty Kouture! I just have to get myself 1 dazzleglass! :/ Eeeek! I need to try again :(

roxy. said...

ooooh that sounds like a good challenge! can i start like the end of next week though? because its my bday weekend and i got some shopping money! LOL!!!

Mona said...

um i can barely last a week.. or two days let alone a month

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

LOL girl you are hilarious. You took the time to make those crazy pics.! haha they're TERRIBLE!!

I don't see a red circle X over DSK Jewelry..so it's all good! hahaha

MAi . said...

ooh i soo want to try this! lol. i NEED it. whenever i'm sad i go right to all three, sephora, ulta, and mac. sad i know. my poor wallet.. lol

Patricia said...

Well, I haven't bought any products for the last two weeks and I think I can make it until I get back. I'm up for it. No online shopping for me! =( But when I go to the MAC in France I need to get more brush cleaner and perfume. Does that count? Hahaha! Now I'm nervous. I'll let you know how it goes. Oh yeah, after 1800 we get internet for an hour! yayee! haha! but I tried to load the the mac website and it took about 30 min. Wack. lol

Janelle said...

Yay I'm so glad others want to join the challenge! We should all do weekly updates on our frustrations & temptations LOL!

Vanessa said...

HAHAHA I feel you sister! I need to join you ladies on this bandwagon! I need to stop buying useless crap I don't need...but the MAC Sugar Sweet collection is out on the 19th! LOL!

I will start after the 19th how's that??? LOL