Monday, March 2, 2009

MAC Event!

My lovely friend Kim is a MAC MAU and invited me to her Hello Kitty event. I thought I'd give it a shot. I was a bit of an outsider, I wasn't really fancied by the HK collection. It's not like I craved the whole collection and stuff, but I did find some stuff that I really liked. I invited Janelle to come along and I'm glad she did! She was able to get color matched and have a little makeup makeover session! So here's a pic that Janelle snapped while Kim is making me pretty! LOL! I was hot and my face was all flush. LOL! I really hated this weather this past weekend. I bundled up in a coat and scarf and blah blah, then when I get in the mall, I'm all hot and stuff. BLEGH!

Kim is my fave MAC artist, I trust that woman! She did my wedding makeup, so when she recommends products, I'm like "SURE! OooKay!" EEKS!

Products she used on my face:

Face: Medium Plus Mineralize Loose Foundation, HK Fun and Games Blush
Eyes: Patina, Print, and crap (I forgot what she used as a highlight), smudged liner (I think it was Smolder Eye Kohl), Studio Sculpt Concealer, Fast Response Eye Cream
Brows: Crap! I forgot too! She used an eyeshadow, ha
haha, I have to ask her again, I need that too! LOL!
Lips: HK Cutester and Mimmy gloss



(Don't mind the background of my parent's bathroom! LOL! I visited them after the MAC event!)

Sooo, the damage? It wasn't bad at all! I used the gift card that the husby gave me for Valentine's Day. I've been waiting to use it for this particular event. I also Back 2 MAC, so I got a free lipstick!

Fast Response Eye Cream (sooo, this stuff is good to apply before putting on concealer! I I
have a few fine lines underneath my baggy horrible eyes, so this helps the concealer from settling in any lines! GAH this is horrible, I'm getting old!)
HK Fun & Games

HK Cutester
190 Foundation Brush
Studio Sculpt Concealer
Patina e/s
Print e/s

I didn't get the gloss, cause unfortunately, after repeated use of a MAC gloss, my lips get really dry and dehyrdrated looking. I seriously think I'm allergic to MAC glosses! After I used Love Nectar, my lips were getting all dry and irritated. HMPH! Guess I'll just stick with Fresh's Lipgloss, they're not STICKY, and I LOVE THEM!

Anyways, well Sephora is having a 15% off discount online (use code:
J89LM) . I'm sure you all have heard. I'm debating if I should stock on my essentials, like cleansers and tinted moisturizers. Hmmmm.....

The next MAC event should be later this month! It's actually a class this time, "How to transform day to night looks". ooOooOOH! Exciting eh?

Hope you guys had a lovely weekend! Is it bad that I'm already looking forward to this weekend? EEKS!

11 comments:

LOVEpink said...

soo pretty!! great haul! cutester looks sooo great for an everyday lippy....think im going to swap one of mine for it if theres any left :S

xoxo

A. Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A. Rose said...

Yay for HK! I love the Fast Response Eye Cream too...but I found that it didn't reduce the fine lines and/or make bags go away permanently. The results were just temporary for me. :( But it definitely makes a GREAT base before concealer. Hope it works better for you!

PS. I already ordered from the Sephora sale. Haha. I always order early cuz I get my orders faster.

Janelle said...

I really liked how your eyes turned out! Btw, sign me up for the next MAC event. ;D March 21st?

Mona said...

great eye makeup! the mac event looks like a lot of fun :)

smilecusiluvu said...

Love cutester!!! its such a pretty color =) your make look great!

Iyah Love said...

You got the cutester as a B2M? I got a HK lipstick as a B2M and they didnt give me the box :( I got sooo sad :(

Great haul! I wish I can haul again. hahah! Seeing all these make up haul makes me jealous! lol!

Girl with Curl said...

I used to be allergic to MAC a couple years ago, mostly their lip stuff so I stopped using it. Then I started getting into MAC again and for some reason I wasn't allergic. Sometimes I'll have a reaction but, not that often. I sort of wish I was allergic to MAC so I wouldn't be spending money on it.

Strayin' is kind of bold. I usually wear it with Prrr or Love Nectar to make it more wearable.

Unknown said...

i luuuuurve your haul (:
did the HK event come out late or something? i always wondered that. hrrrrmmmm.. but overall i love the way your makeup turned out (:

Stephanie said...

I heart HK!!

Anonymous said...

ooooh look at youuuu miss jen!!! GORGEOUS!!! LIKE ALWAYS :) i've been wanting to get that eye cream. AND YOU ARE NOT OLD GIRL!!!!! life has just begun :) the HK line seems to be more and more appealing as people rave about it. eeeee. you're making me give in LOL

xoxo